Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ambulance Cover
DIRT CIRCUIT OF SA > WHAT IS DIRT CIRCUIT?? > WHAT IS DIRT CIRCUIT ?
Box
To race dirt circuit, ambo cover is essential. Without it ur trip in the ambo WILL be an expensive one.

If u don't have ambo cover, here's link to the forms to be filled out. Just print them out, fill them in and send them off.

General Ambulance Cover:
*This type only covers emergencies.
http://www.saambulance.com.au/publicweb/pd...cation_form.pdf

ACE Cover (Ambulance Cover Extras):
*This type is an extra, which covers any ambulance trip, either an emergency or not.
http://www.saambulance.com.au/publicweb/pd...cation_form.pdf

Current costs

General Ambulance Cover
Family - $125.00
Family Pensioner** - $79

Single - $63.00
Single Pensioner** - $39.00
**Only available to holders of a Pensioner Concession Card. Proof must be provided.

ACE Extra Costs
Family - $30.25
Single - $15.10

For more information, please visit the following link.
http://www.saambulance.com.au/publicweb/products-amb.html
QUOTE (Box @ Feb 3 2009, 12:18 AM) *
To race dirt circuit, ambo cover is essential. Without it ur trip in the ambo WILL be an expensive one.

If u don't have ambo cover, here's link to the forms to be filled out. Just print them out, fill them in and send them off.

Yes, Ambo cover is cheaper than a ride to town. If you dont have ambo cover, You cannot race, as I believe it is in the rule book. Besides, you are silly for not having it, as one day you might need it.
makakycs
I have coverage by twofold. Ambo and private(mutual community). Ambo cover for none emergency and private for emergencies. A 1km trip from work to the hospital for emergency reasons cost a bit over $740, cheaper by taxi just you gotta wait extra long time lol
QUOTE (makakycs @ Feb 3 2009, 08:44 PM) *
I have coverage by twofold. Ambo and private(mutual community). Ambo cover for none emergency and private for emergencies. A 1km trip from work to the hospital for emergency reasons cost a bit over $740, cheaper by taxi just you gotta wait extra long time lol

Better to be safe than sorry. I think a trip to the nearest hospital from the Arno track is over $400, thats to Cleve, approx 20 kms. Ambo cover is heaps cheaper. although I hope I never have to use it.
dirtslinger
just a quick question is there a ambulence on stanby at the track while the meeting is run ? like at speedway and also what fire fighting facilities are at the track on race days .

cheers dirtslinger
shell
At the tracks they have an ambulance on standby as for fire fighting facilities we have fire extinguishers with each flag marshall and on the start line
Stirls
We have had a sponsor supply 18 extinguishers (both foam and powder) and I am talking to him at the moment about rigging up a 1000L fire fighting unit with foam retardant.
shell
Plus you must have a fire extinguisher in your car before you can race smile.gif
QUOTE (dirtslinger @ Mar 27 2009, 09:58 AM) *
just a quick question is there a ambulence on stanby at the track while the meeting is run ? like at speedway and also what fire fighting facilities are at the track on race days .

cheers dirtslinger

Most clubs have an ambulance of some description. If its not SA Ambulance, it could be St Johns. Some clubs have CFS on standby, others just have a number of fire extinguishers at readily available points. There is a big issue of safety at dirt circuit meetings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.