+Quote Post
shell
post Jul 11 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #42

ADMIN

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2
Club: None

ok u want the burnout comp guys to play by dirt circuit rules then well then how do they compete if they have gas systems ? as if u race dirt circuit you cant use lpg ?
you got to be a bit lenient if you want the big cars to come out which is what the crowd want to see

--------------------
www.dirtcircuitsa.com

Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AB361
post Jul 11 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #43

Open Wheeler

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

sharpie fair enough like i said correct me if im wrong

shell dirt circuit tracks were built for dirt circuit. not to have burn out comps. then some tracks built burnout pads to help out and raise money under the approval of dirtcircuit umbrella.
to me that tells me that dirt circuit clubs should have the final say what goes on at the tracks since they own and run them. they should listen to any rules that the assocation decides to put on them. unsure if they allow gas on not or methonal etc at burnout comps maybe its time to ask?
slim had a good point in having there own committe but like he said it may cause them and us, maybe the tracks that have them could have a cpl extras on the committe for the burnout side and attend club meeting when they are needed to.
burnout comps attract big crowds from what i hear, so why dont they happen once a month at the tracks that have them? i think the answers may prove some of the earlyier points made in this forum.
put up lets see what we get
not sure anyone has said they have to play be dirt circuit rules either?? think the posts need to read properly
pete

+Quote Post
SlimSkidZ
post Jul 11 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #44

Modifieds

Member No.: 371
Club: Black Rock
Number: Burnouts

and like I've said before...I was parked next to a car at a dirt circuit run burnout comp that was clearly running methanol. No one got hurt, no fires, but the question remains as to how he got to be there. Was it missed by the scrutineers because they didn't know how to tell the difference, although even spectators walking past were commenting on the smell every time the car started.

And yes Shell, many of them run LPG

--------------------
Thats it...thats all!

+Quote Post
shell
post Jul 11 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #45

ADMIN

Was that at a Pirie burnout comp Slim ?

--------------------
www.dirtcircuitsa.com

+Quote Post
SlimSkidZ
post Jul 11 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #46

Modifieds

The way I see it Pete, the burnout comps are covered by the same insurance as the normal racing so they have to abide by the same rules. I can see how a clause could be written in to allow a different set of rules for burnouts only, but would that up the premiums...and would that cost be worn by the burnout competitors only or would it mean the every day dirt circuit racers fees go up to help cover it? And if they were to vary the rules for this reason it could set a precident for others to try similar things, where does it end?

Burnout comps do attract big crowds and high entrant numbers, but too much of a good thing can wreck it. Two meets like Pirie have a year seems to work well, but if you do it too often the crowd loses interest. They like it because it's different and not on every month.

--------------------
Thats it...thats all!

+Quote Post
AB361
post Jul 11 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #47

Open Wheeler

Member No.: 117

well said slim

slim ya answered my question very well its because the numbers wouldnt be there. so that is saying that dirt circuit has to survive for the bunrout tracks to survive that meaning dirt circuit should have a big say on the rules. very simple.

so like said way way back leave the rules alone enforce the current ones, have a cpl meets get the crowds there and make money.

pete

+Quote Post
SandB
post Jul 11 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #48

sandb racing

Member No.: 114
Club: Port Pirie
Number: PP18

QUOTE (SlimSkidZ @ Jul 11 2011, 08:00 PM) *
Burnout comps do attract big crowds and high entrant numbers, but too much of a good thing can wreck it. Two meets like Pirie have a year seems to work well, but if you do it too often the crowd loses interest. They like it because it's different and not on every month.

Pirie's burnout entrant numbers have dropped; maybe due to the Insurance issues last year and being a daylight comp, due to no lights being available!(this year)
We can't control natural disasters either! Now with Port Augusta, Blackrock and even chuck in Roxby and eventually probably Truro; the number of comps available to compete in , is spreading that valuable income far & wide.
Pirie has discussed the possibility of just ONE BIG comp for next year!!!! Make it more attractive to participate! $$$$$$$$$ prize money etc.

Cheers Brian O

+Quote Post
SlimSkidZ
post Jul 11 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #49

Modifieds

What didn't help Pirie's last burnout comp was there was two other meets on the same day. People from Adelaide probably won't tow their cars past a burnout comp which is on their doorstep to travel 250 K's each way to another one, plus accommodation for those that stay. I know of a few cars and their families that would have been there too if we weren't all at the Whyalla drags.

--------------------
Thats it...thats all!

+Quote Post
mickrd12
post Jul 13 2011, 01:12 AM
Post #50

Street Stock

Member No.: 806
Club: Roxby Downs
Number: rd12

after reading all the posts on here i have come to this.
yes clubs are running burn out comps poss to raise funds and get crowds and we also
giving burnout ppl to do skids.
what it boils down to if you dont like the rules set by ass/clubs dont enter.just my thoughts
mick. roxby downs

+Quote Post
Box
post Sep 29 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #51

Danny

Group: Forum Techie
Member No.: 1
Number: 806

Sry to bring this up again...but is water injection allowed for burnout cars seeing as it consists of water and meth? The car still runs pump fuel, just with the water/meth injection to cool the intake and burning temps.

--------------------
Spastik Plastic!

+Quote Post
Stirls
post Sep 30 2011, 07:56 AM
Post #52

Open Wheeler

Member No.: 80

QUOTE (Box @ Oct 3 2011, 09:03 AM) *
Sry to bring this up again...but is water injection allowed for burnout cars seeing as it consists of water and meth? The car still runs pump fuel, just with the water/meth injection to cool the intake and burning temps.

some have already used it on their dc cars as the mix doesn't burn and is not used as fuel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stirls
post Sep 30 2011, 08:02 AM
Post #53

Open Wheeler

Member No.: 80

QUOTE (SandB @ Jul 15 2011, 06:02 AM) *
Pirie's burnout entrant numbers have dropped; maybe due to the Insurance issues last year and being a daylight comp, due to no lights being available!(this year)
We can't control natural disasters either! Now with Port Augusta, Blackrock and even chuck in Roxby and eventually probably Truro; the number of comps available to compete in , is spreading that valuable income far & wide.
Pirie has discussed the possibility of just ONE BIG comp for next year!!!! Make it more attractive to participate! $$$$$$$$$ prize money etc.

Cheers Brian O

you could run a sa burnout championships. where competators must compete at every pad during the year to win the title / pooled prize money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
makakycs
post Sep 30 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #54

Tank racer

Member No.: 106
Number: 1212

methonal was banned because it wasnt readily available, you couldn't see it burning , but the main reason was we (the associated clubs ) didnt have the facility's or training to combat methonal fires.
Things change due to progress but to be fair and keep the sport competitive and cheap methonal hasn't been allowed back in , I can see the advantages of using it and the dis-advantages of allowing it to be used.
We gotta try and keep the playing field even , if clubs have the facilities and training to combat methonal fires I see no reason it cant be used in burnout comps.
These are my opinions only , Cheers Mark

--------------------
Speed doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop.
Get in , Sit down , Hang on and Shut up.

Ya cant kill a valiant no matter how hard you try
Unless your names Brian aka SandB racing

Believe me I've tried

+Quote Post
likky
post Sep 30 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #55

Modifieds

Member No.: 821
Number: tdr 27

Id like to know why they dont allow e85. can anybody give me a reason cheers.

+Quote Post
Jase99
post Sep 30 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #56

Modifieds

Member No.: 427
Club: Whyalla
Number: w88

im guessing because its not readily available.
where out side of adelaide can you buy?
i know you cant get it in whyalla

+Quote Post
shell
post Sep 30 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #57

ADMIN

Please keep this thread on topic this thread is to do with burnout comps only
Thank you

--------------------
www.dirtcircuitsa.com

+Quote Post
fastracer47
post Oct 1 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #58

Modifieds

Member No.: 40

Methanol has been banned for ages
One of the main reasons was parity ie level playing field.
Ask yourself a simple question can you buy Methanol on sunday morning over the counter at Arno or Ceduna or Black Rock If the answer is no you have just found one of the reasons why it was banned level playing field for all competitors.

In the long term methanol is no cheaper to use than premium ( use more higher cost to build a motor etc)

As for Burn Out comps they are included in our Rule Book as a one off event but I would presume that as they are in our rule book they follow the same parity ruling

My beleif is if your so pro Methanol why not go to a club meeting and get your club to suport a proposal to alter the rules for burn out comps other wise accept what the magority seem to beleive is fair

--------------------
I like people who talk behind my back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It means they are so much closer to kissing my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your looking for a pet dog don't every buy a labrodor
HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY PEOPLE GO BLIND WHEN THEY GET ONE OF THOSE

+Quote Post
Box
post Oct 1 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #59

Danny

Group: Forum Techie
Member No.: 1
Number: 806

I'm not talking about using it as a fuel, I'm talking bout mixin it with water and injecting it into the intake pipe to cool the air. It doesn't do anything for performance, except that ya can put more timing into it and run more boost due to the cooler air, but that's about it. It will still run PULP98 and that only, it won't run ON methanol. And I'm pretty sure it can't ignite due to it being mixed with water.

--------------------
Spastik Plastic!

+Quote Post
shell
post Oct 3 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #60

ADMIN

Jase said its metho and water that you need to inject into it not methanol

--------------------
www.dirtcircuitsa.com

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 04:45 AM
Mocha v1.2 Skin © Bytech Web Design