SlimSkidZ
post Dec 30 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Modifieds

Group: Members
Member No.: 371
Club: Black Rock
Number: Burnouts

These are some tips and techniques from a national burnout round entrants handout.

Your car must remain in your control at all times, erratic spins and slides are not considered in control.
You must be able to bring your car to a stand still within 5 seconds of an officials direction. Not obeying any direction from an official can result in water being sprayed at rear wheels and disqualification.
Losing your car in tyre smoke can be dangerous and can cause dis-orientation, spectators pay a lot of money to watch your burnout, if they wanted to see you disappear they would go to a magic show.
Unless your car is tubbed, try not to pop tyres as flying debris is dangerous to officials and spectators,
please keep arms inside your car for this reason also.(you will not receive additional points for popping tyres)
All wheels must have no wheel weights or clip in centre caps and must have clearly visible tread before each burnout.

The top 20 drivers with the most points out of a possible 100points for each burnout will progress to the finals, three qualifying rounds with your two best two burnouts forming your score. If you have to stop or reverse for any reason you will lose points.

Entrants with a quality show car will start with 20 bonus points and quality street car 10 bonus points.

--------------------
Thats it...thats all!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Box
post Dec 30 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #2

Danny

Group: Forum Techie
Member No.: 1
Club: Port Pirie
Number: 806

Just a few things...not sure if u can answer the questions tho.

QUOTE (RB30TE)
Your car must remain in your control at all times, erratic spins and slides are not considered in control.

Apparently if u brake traction ur never in control, according to the guys from ACA that followed me around then poked their cameras and mic's in my face. I tried telling them tho, but apparently they know more about skids then me lol.

QUOTE (RB30TE)
All wheels must have no wheel weights or clip in centre caps and must have clearly visible tread before each burnout.

Does this include the front wheels?

QUOTE (RB30TE)
Entrants with a quality show car will start with 20 bonus points and quality street car 10 bonus points.

Who decides wat a car is classed as?

--------------------
Spastik Plastic!

+Quote Post
SlimSkidZ
post Dec 31 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #3

Modifieds

G'day Danny, To them being under control is all about being able to stop quickly if all goes wrong. Can't help you with ACA though lol.

I suppose common sense means that the wheels that are spinning would be the ones they're on about...makes sense to me as one of my mates cars will do a burnout in top gear on the 7200 rev limiter and the speedo sitting on about 220 - 230 K's an hour. I wouldn't like to try to catch a 100 gram wheel weight at that sort of velocity!

The deal with show car etc was easy, it was a big organised car show with burnouts, show & shine, dyno comp etc. so if your car was a show car you had an entrant sticker for your front windscreen, if it was a street car it had a rego sticker (unregistered cars were judged as street cars as long as the rego sticker was for that car and driveline), and purpose built burnout cars and rolling junkyard wrecks got no bonus points for presentation.

I just thought this might help with Pt. Augusta's set up with judging. They also were checking for soaked tyres or smoke aid systems like wiper washer bottles in your boot that sprayed onto the rear tyres. I seen several of these being used at the last burnout comp at Pirie.

--------------------
Thats it...thats all!

+Quote Post
SlimSkidZ
post Jan 1 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #4

Modifieds

Bit more info might be handy for judging etc, click on photos to enlarge.

The other info I had wasn't from the summernats, but they still say the same. No smoke without control and trying not to pop tyres even though they get 4 minutes each run and continuous runs without stopping.

--------------------
Thats it...thats all!

+Quote Post
SlimSkidZ
post Feb 10 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #5

Modifieds

Just read too that due to a recent accident at a burnout comp retreads are now not to be used in some comps due to liability issues with insurance.

--------------------
Thats it...thats all!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 03:34 PM
Mocha v1.2 Skin © Bytech Web Design