8KDatto
post Jul 18 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Modified

Group: Members
Member No.: 973
Club: Black Rock
Number: BR3

Just a quick question, Does anyone know how many passengers you can take in a car that is competing in a burnout competition.

also what is the age limit on the passengers you take?

cheers,
Daniel

--------------------
ONLY CHEAP WINE COMES IN 5Ltrs[size="7"][/size]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
makakycs
post Jul 18 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Tank racer

Member No.: 106
Club: None
Number: 1212

With our burnout comp in Port Augusta , passengers have to sign an indemnity form but as long as they are wearing appropriate clothing and a helmet , are strapped in with a seatbelt and the car is equipped to take passengers I cant see a problem.
If the car is capable of carrying 6 people that would be your limit but I dont know why you would want to take that many passengers , age limit , yeah good question! I would have to say that the laws requiring the age and size of children being able to sit in a seat without a booster and that the seatbelts fit properly would apply. Personally I would say 10 years or older would be appropriate.
Hope this helps
Cheers Mark

--------------------
Speed doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop.
Get in , Sit down , Hang on and Shut up.

Ya cant kill a valiant no matter how hard you try
Unless your names Brian aka SandB racing

Believe me I've tried

+Quote Post
8KDatto
post Jul 18 2011, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Modified

lets say "hypothetically speaking" i had a bench seat in the front could i have an adult as the far passanger and have my son in the middle (he is 6yrs old unsure.gif) with the lap seat belt, aslong as he had all the appropriate safety equipment and a signed permission slip laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PEAKN6
post Jul 18 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #4

KerrBrosRacing

Member No.: 33
Club: Port Pirie
Number: PP806

QUOTE (8KDatto @ Jul 18 2011, 07:12 PM) *
lets say "hypothetically speaking" i had a bench seat in the front could i have an adult as the far passanger and have my son in the middle (he is 6yrs old unsure.gif) with the lap seat belt, aslong as he had all the appropriate safety equipment and a signed permission slip laugh.gif

take away the age factor and i reckon ud be right.
but honestly i wud say 6 is too young, although im sure most 6yr olds wud love it more than their father doing the skid lol.
in my opinion someone that age shouldnt be that close to risk of danger, if the unavoidable does happen, say a fire whats a few burns on an adult? ya'd have a few brews and laugh it off, but imagine ur lad in a car on flames, wouldnt be the best experience for him or the parents.

Just my thoughts smile.gif

--------------------
'Rubbins Racin'

+Quote Post
8KDatto
post Jul 19 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #5

Modified

QUOTE (PEAKN6 @ Jul 18 2011, 09:27 PM) *
take away the age factor and i reckon ud be right.
but honestly i wud say 6 is too young, although im sure most 6yr olds wud love it more than their father doing the skid lol.
in my opinion someone that age shouldnt be that close to risk of danger, if the unavoidable does happen, say a fire whats a few burns on an adult? ya'd have a few brews and laugh it off, but imagine ur lad in a car on flames, wouldnt be the best experience for him or the parents.

Just my thoughts smile.gif

yeah... i see your point, things can possibly go wrong in the worst case scenario....

well might have to wait a few years, Atleast his Mum can rest.... FOR NOW laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
oggy
post Jul 19 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #6

Modifieds

Member No.: 138
Number: TDR 181

my nephew went in a burn out demonstration as passenger at age 9yrs...was lunch time entertainment at PP, and he loved it...!

+Quote Post
shell
post Jul 19 2011, 12:58 PM
Post #7

ADMIN

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

In the Adelaide/Murray Bridge burnout comps kids arent allowed as passenger as they dont allow children in the pit areas

--------------------
www.dirtcircuitsa.com

Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones ..

+Quote Post
makakycs
post Jul 19 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #8

Tank racer

Member No.: 106
Number: 1212

QUOTE (8KDatto @ Jul 18 2011, 07:12 PM) *

"Hypothetically replying" the law would require your child to be in a booster seat and that a lap seat belt would not be adequate restraint so basically "NO" worth a try tho lol
Yeah as posted b4 bit young , I mean nothing may go wrong but you if it does, hmmm , wouldn't want that on your conscience eh!

Cheers Mark

--------------------
Speed doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop.
Get in , Sit down , Hang on and Shut up.

Ya cant kill a valiant no matter how hard you try
Unless your names Brian aka SandB racing

Believe me I've tried

+Quote Post
post Jul 19 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #9

Brad

Member No.: 111
Club: Arno Bay
Number: AB008

QUOTE (makakycs @ Jul 19 2011, 05:49 PM) *
"Hypothetically replying" the law would require your child to be in a booster seat and that a lap seat belt would not be adequate restraint so basically "NO" worth a try tho lol
Yeah as posted b4 bit young , I mean nothing may go wrong but you if it does, hmmm , wouldn't want that on your conscience eh!

Cheers Mark

Yeah Mark. Think kids have to be in a full child seat with a 5 point harness until they are 7 years of age. Thats on the road. And with smoking laws in cars with children. Not sure why u would want a kid in a burnout car, when 'hypothetically' all sorts could go wrong.
I think they are better off cheering at the fence.

Cheers, Brad

+Quote Post
8KDatto
post Jul 21 2011, 07:02 AM
Post #10

Modified

I was just wondering if there were RULES about the age limit, not personal opinions rolleyes.gif. The booster seat and child harness is easily overcome with a bench seat in the front as it would be easily secured using original anchor point.

eitherway my son isnt goin into it, i was just enquiring... that is all..

now can you please call child services and tell them it was all a big mis-understanding laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jul 22 2011, 07:32 AM
Post #11

Brad

Member No.: 111
Club: Arno Bay
Number: AB008

QUOTE (8KDatto @ Jul 21 2011, 08:02 AM) *
I was just wondering if there were RULES about the age limit, not personal opinions rolleyes.gif. The booster seat and child harness is easily overcome with a bench seat in the front as it would be easily secured using original anchor point.

eitherway my son isnt goin into it, i was just enquiring... that is all..

now can you please call child services and tell them it was all a big mis-understanding laugh.gif

Sorry Daniel, This whole site is about personal opinions. You have to take most of it with a pinch of salt.
Ask a silly question, and you will get silly answers. Hypothetically speaking. ROFLMAO

Who were you directing your original post too? Looked like a place for everyone to comment. Maybe best you contact a member of Port Pirie or Port Augusta directly and see what their rules are. I havent heard of a special edition Rule Book that contains Rules for Burnout Comps, But there is a section in the ADCCSA Rule Book. Best you check that.
Because you dont normally get straight forward answers very easy on this site. LOL'ing again.

Cheers, Brad

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2018 - 03:10 AM
Mocha v1.2 Skin © Bytech Web Design